7th grade Science Project- 2nd TriMark project
This project has 4 parts:
Part #1- The Experiment
- Books and the Internet will be available in class to review materials and ideas for projects beginning December 9th – 21st.
- You will complete a “Topical Brainstorm Worksheet with possible ideas you could be interested in. On the back of this sheet is a Project Sketch. Both of these are due Friday, December 21st.
- RUN THE EXPERIMENT ON YOUR OWN! This must be an experiment and not just a model. You will need to use the scientific method with carefully run procedure. Be careful to use proper controls and variables. Repeat the experiment multiple times to assure accuracy. If you are comparing consumer products you should be comparing 4 or 5 products.
Part #2- Display Board
- Your project needs to be displayed on a large Tri-fold board that can stand on its own.
- Titles and Subtitles must be large and meet the guidelines on the rubric.
- It will have charts, graphs, pictures and/or models. Pictures should not have student’s faces in them. Pictures should not include faces.
- Color displays are great, but be careful not to overdue it, it can get distracting from the purpose of your project.
Part #3- Write Up
- Write up the experiment in Scientific Method form.
Part #4- Oral Presentation to the class
- You will be given 3-5 minutes January 25th – 27th to present your project to the class.
- You will explain very briefly what you did and the results you found. You will answer student and staff questions about your project.
PROJECT due date:
Friday, January 22nd
Your name ______________________________ Hour ________