Hello Band Parents and Students,
Happy snow day. I know all of you are enjoying a day home from school, and there is a big event tomorrow in Onsted for District VIII Solo and Ensemble. Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare. Here is the address to Google Map Onsted: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Onsted+Community+High+School,+Slee+Road,+Onsted,+MI&hl=en&sll=41.900158,-84.049518&sspn=0.069762,0.105228&oq=onsted+high+school&hq=Onsted+Community+High+School,&hnear=Slee+Rd,+Onsted,+Michigan+49265&t=m&z=16
1) Get your instrument! The school is unlocked, and the band room is unlocked. I will be at school today from 4:00 to 4:30 PM if you want a guaranteed window that I will be here. I will also unlock the room at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning. There is a volleyball match that day so the main doors should be open.
2) Make sure you have 1 photocopy of music for yourself, and the original copy of music for your judge. If you are sharing the same collection (Ana and Isaac for instance) make sure you coordinate that the original is available for the solo time for each performer. Also, you must number each measure of the original copy. If you meet me at school today I can help you get a copy. If not, make your way to Staples and get a copy.
3) If you were scheduled to meet with your accompanist today (Friday) those times are still good. The building is open at 4:00. Ms. Cunnigham's cell is 517.270.2017. Mr. K's - 616.550.9525.
4) Percussionists: I am loading gear at 4. I also have the original copy for your piece.
5) Brooke Coudron - I have the piano accompaniment. Make sure you get it from me.
6) Arrive at your event no later than 1/2 hour before your performance time. Dress nicely and take a shower and shave that day. No jeans, T-Shirts, or tennis shoes. Look as professional as you can.
7) I will be working P006 Percussion Warm-Up all day. Come share your successes. I will not be available to fix instruments, find instruments, find mallets, make music copies, or tune for you. Please be prepared, warmed up, and ready to play your very best.
8) I have enclosed the district schedule as well as the master schedule. If you have time, go check out the other performances and cheer and support each other. Follow traditional concert etiquette rules while listening to your friends.
GO MAPLES and good luck,
Adrian High School Marching Band
Mr. Dan Kesterke